Monday, April 20, 2009

I don't know what it is since I've come to Amsterdam, I've slowed right down somehow...even sitting here in my flat window seat watching the world go on by, it's going to take me an age to even finish this post. I guess in the end I had a pretty hectic first weekend back. Although the hecticness was just getting places - what I did (sit in parks, go and do yoga, write a little, only a very little because I fell asleep in the middle!) was right for a gorgeous spring weekend here. I just find it strange how I can't even be bothered to make lists (like I did in London) of all the stuff I've got to do. And then it doesn't get done because I forget what I was doing.

Is that age do you think, or just a different pace of life...?


That's partly why the thought of going back to live in London really isn't appealing to me right now, of working in agencies there, working all the hours, pitching etc. I know I should want to do it career wise, and yet I really don't care enough right now to actually go and do it. It's bizarre.

On the other hand, my agency here is so quiet that I'm finding other things to do and sitting at my desk trying to look busy, feeling bad for the agency because I'm not.

Is slowing down a bad thing or not? What are the things we want to do anyway other than things we try to fill time with so we don't have to think about right now. Those thoughts are all from my 'Zen' reading, I suppose.

Either way it's a bit bizarre and different for me. Off to my writing class right now - wish me luck!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I'd say enjoy the slow pace while you have it. Never mind if it's age, a phase, or whathaveyou. Slowing down is usually necessary and mostly pleasant, so enjoy!