Sunday, April 26, 2009

What a fabulous weekend I've had. I have to say I love Amsterdam weekends.

My very lovely and good friend Willow came over finally from London (I knew she'd make it, just wasn't sure when), and we had a lovely time hanging out and catching up. She used to live here about 6 years ago for a few months so it was particularly good for her to come back ad see the place.

Friday night we 'just' went out for dinner after a catch up beer and sit in my red light window box. We wandered down the zeedijk, went into my fave 'line bar' bar, and then we went for sake and sushi in the saki bar, which was cool. After that she fancied a cocktail so we tried to go to Harry's, except it was horrendously busy and we ended up instead in some bar near there sitting outside. We mixed all our drinks a bit much and then having her sleeping in my bed means neither of us slept as well as we could've, so felt a bit rubbish sat (and the jaegermeister she bought us to end on also didn't help!!). It was so nice to talk to her, although I really feel for her, she is so fab and her confidence has taken such a knocking in the hands of men recently. Anyway, then sat it was up (late at 11.30) and off for a walk to the nordermaarkt, then coffee around there, and then walk up to Westerpark. We pegged it back down haarlemerdijkstraat to just get into the boutique shops. I found some fab shoes (but they didn't have my size), and then back to mine for a chill out and get changed. We both felt quite rubbish though.
Finally met her mates Mel and James, who were lovely but about an hour and a half late to mine, so we were really late out. I was texting Jen and Nel the whole time to see if we could meet up but by the time we'd eaten (Thai at Jasmine), and then drink up in the nine streets, then Harrys for a cocktail, it was late and I was knacked. They were really nice guys though and that kind of couple who are horrendously and sickenly in love which in one way is sweet, in another is a bit too much!! Cute couple. Bit stuck in their ways, it seems they've hardly been out since they've been in Amst. Which is quite amusing. I think they were quite up for going out dancing but I couldn't think of anywhere they might all like to do (and was REALLY tired) so we just came back here.

Today - had Mon, Mia, Kat and Willow doing yoga in my front lounge which was excellent, and then cooked a mean vege lasagne (it was good if I do say so myself. Really cheesy), and then went for a final wander with Willow before dropping her off at the station.

Then back here for some chill and admin time, and made it to Sara's BBQ - I could also have quite easily have stayed in, but I feel bad not seen those guys for bloody ages, and knew if I didn't see them today that I wouldn't until after Queens Day probably. So...(unless I go to the squatter's party which I guess I might).

Anyway, 1 hour turned into three and only just back, but it was really leuk to meet up with everyone again. Francis was there complimenting me on my figure again, he might use me as a fitting model which is kinda sweet.

Right, fijn weekend! Off to bed (oh had a good conversation with Jo about the boy, glad have made the decision not to bother because even if he doesn't get back in touch again, I kinda feel like I made that decision too, so it's not bothered me as much as it might have done. I was kinda blue about it last week but not for as long as I could've been). Ag boys. Who'd have em, heh??

No comments: