Tuesday, April 14, 2009

SO here I am back from Cuba (which was pretty amazing I have to say). Somewhere you have to go, but also a bit strange - crumbling beauty are its words. And shortage also. All those trade embargos have certainly had an effect on it.

It's strange being back in Amsterdam, it hasn't quite sunk in yet. Which I think is good stretch it out as much as possible :)

I stopped in London, then maidenhead on my way through to see some friends for a Good Friday pub lunch at the Calf (sparky, choco, tim, anna, beth, ritchie, matt, jonnie and suki turned up and it was lovely to see them all. Cat P-T didn't make it (quelle surprise!! She even called me to say she would try and make it but was hungover), and Lucy forgot. Di was already busy.

Easter at home was lovely except my brother's little dog got run over on the thursday. It hung onto life resolutely until sunday night when we discovered that the internal damage was about as bad as it can get without her dying straight off. They operated but little Olive didn't make it. I feel sad about it as she was such a lovely little puppy and she had such a lovely personality, and she fought so hard until everything just gave up on her. Stuart is devastated according to mum.

I will have to write about Cuba when I am more in the mood - it's late here tonight. Am climbing the walls here a bit at the moment as the man knows I'm back (am pretty sure), but not heard from him. Even watching a romantic film with Barbara Streisand and Geoff Bridges is making me want someone to hold - it's got to be bad. Still, I wanted to wait and see if he got in touch with me before I called around or called him over. It's funny, not felt like this in a long time. I blame Spring/Summer which is clearly almost here in Amsterdam right now.

He is an odd one that is for sure, an enigma for my enigma.

No comments: