Just been watching a really interesting programme on the gender gap, is it true, is it imagined, how much does it affect work, should it affect work, is it genetic or societal...
what.
All food for thought. I know when I was little my dad thinking that certain things were girls/women's jobs and me having two brothers, I used to make really darn sure it wasn't true, and used to always be on the lookout for things that happened just because I was a girl.
Now as I've gotten older I have mellowed out and looked around, and think that maybe there are certain ways and things that lot of women do better or differently to men, but that those things shouldn't be thought of as inferior...just different that's all. But then I think I'm not a particularly aggressive woman.
I just don't give a sh1t about a lot of things other people (men and women) do, and you know I really wish I did, because if I did I would push myself a whole lot harder...and stop feeling so rubbish about coasting as I am doing.
I always had a go at my boyfriends, or that was one of the reasons we broke up - for being cold and illogical, but then maybe in some ways I am too, I go for that side of them, because really and truly I don't care as much as I thought either. All this isn't very zen-like thinking!! I shouldn't worry about the why's, who can change how you feel? I should just go with it all...
Hmmmmmmmmm.
Monday, May 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment