Thursday, November 26, 2009

RIP bike.

I did something silly and spent a lot of money getting my bike all spangly and working. And I bought two pretty bells for the top of it. What can I say I liked my snazzy bike and making it look pretty. I made it look too pretty.
Sometime on the night of the 25th, after having just picked it up from the bike shop, cycled it happily and lovingly home, someone else fancied its pretty look and cut it off the railings outside.

I had that whole thing again of looking around, wondering where I'd put it, looking back to where I know I put it, heart sinking, heart in mouth sick feeling, sick to the pit of my stomach. And then I just felt very sad.

I felt sad all day yesterday, espcially my arse as I cycled around all my house appointments instead on my mums teeny tiny bicycle instead. eek!

I made the fatal mistake of A pimping, B repairing (expensive version not cheap version), C getting too attached to something that at some point was going to get stolen.

Funny thing is that as ever when these things happen, recently I was taking a lot of notice of the make and model of it thinking if it goes, I want to know what make/model it is so I can get another one. Go figure!

No comments: