They say that everyone is born alone and leaves this world alone. All the rest is just dressing, so we'd better just get used to it.
That is what I'm clinging onto at the moment.
I'm a little lonely. It's from going back to the UK and seeing all my friends there. Then coming back here to an empty flat (kat is always off around her new man's), Wynn is busy and seeing her US friends off home again, Monica also has a new man, Jen is preoccupied with working and seeing her Kiwi friends, Mia is busy too.
It's probably the winter but everyone is pulling in their horns massively, and not going out as much, and that means a lot more time at home. I can feel the winter setting back in and am just glad that this year I'm not stuck on the Kinkerstraat in a place with no central heating (count the blessings).
I can't help but wonder recently, though, why some people are fated to be alone while others find person after person to be with. Are they the lucky ones who just 'click' with more people...or are they less fussy, or would they rather be with someone than no one at all? It's baffling me.
It's that, for a change this year, I have no prospects, no maybes, nothing in the pipeline, no sniffters of anything going on. By the way I feel (bloody exhausted!) that is probably a good thing. But on the other hand it's making me feel very alone and quite down. I know it's just a state of mind and I shouldn't, I just can't help myself. I feel like scurrying away into a hole and staying there, but now I'm here I'm left with my own thoughts and that isn't so pleasant.
It's good to be alone and deal with those thoughts. Because I am finding it so hard, it must be very good for me. That doesn't make it easy.
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment