There is nothing worse than a guy who can't dance, telling you how to dance. I sometimes wonder that a guy like that can be so incredibly blinkered to wonder why do these girls seem like they're such better dancers when they dance with other people. Is it perhaps because I'm not leading her right, or not in rhythm, or not giving her the room to turn. No, it of course must be because SHE is the bad dancer....
So, to the guy who I danced with tonight who was totally not in rhythm. He pulled me this way, then told me not to worry what his feet were doing because I'd put myself off, don't look at my feet he said (I was actually looking so I could see when he was stepping as I couldn't rely on the beat...) Then he lectured me for another five minutes on what he was doing and what I was supposed to be doing (uhm lead me and I can do it without you explaining....).
//F Off!!
The other guy said something similar but didn't lecture afterwards. And he was a lot nicer about it.
I did dance for about 16 years of my life, I've been learning salsa for quite a while as well, I am in a lower class than I could be so I can get my posture, arms, hand positions right rather than learning all the fancy turns but not being sure of that stuff like I used to do...please don't lecture me on what I'm supposed to be doing unless you're a) a teacher. b) shit hot c) got rhythm.
PURLEASE!
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment