Tuesday, January 18, 2011

PS I almost died this morning - think I had my karma: cycling to the Fysio up on Prinsengracht & Molenpad, and a blue medium sized van turning right didn't see me and just turned right into me. I just about stopped and put my foot down, wobbling all the way, (and this is now so Amsterdam in tone), the big truck behind me just beeped at me like I was in the way (because I'd stopped) just past the turning in the road. I kind of managed to turn around and gesture at him, whereby he gave me two little beeps, I think that was when he saw I was going straight on and not turning - hopefully they were 'oh right' beeps and not 'fuck you anyway' beeps.

Jeez it gave me such a fright!

Then I just smashed my new fave Bodum Vacuum glass off my side table whilst chatting to Micala. So hopefully that's it on the Karma retribution?

x

No comments: