First off HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
I took a relaxing Friday - had a bit of a lie in, rescheduled the cleaner so I could do that, and then got up late. Headed over to my facial with "iris' at skins (which was lovely, I always have a time relaxing when people do things like that to me, I blame my english sensibilities, but still, I really enjoyed it! She said some worrying things to me like - 'You're very sensitive aren't you...', and 'Have you been unhappy recently', I don't know if she can tell that from my personna or my skin, but still it's not great either way.
After that, I dashed home for some food and to try and wash a little of the grease from around the side of my hair, and then made it over to the Spuistraat for my hair appointment (yes the end of 2010 was all about me - spent a fortune!). Here I met Clint, lovely bloke but not so good on time-keeping, I waited for about 40 mins before he started on me - luckily he treated me a lot better than the other hairdresser who did that to me (that horrible witches hut place on clapham high-street), and so I forgave him. He also made my hair very lovely and in Betty page style, and a lovely shade of red (that will fade apparently, I'll have to try and wash it as little as poss), but it made me feel all set for my party times.
I was super late to Micala's for dinner - about an hour late, missed the entrees, managed to eat an amazing amount of dinner though and drank about a bottle of white, before we all milled around her place and chatted, and then headed with our bubbles over to our designated spot, outside Anne Frank Huis. Thde fireworks here were awesome - much better than the Nieuwmarkt, even though I enjoyed that last year!!
Everyone split after that - I had said I might go to Helen's, but RNB not really my scene, and also bumped into Lou and her man Daniel outside the house, and they weren't invited, and werent taking lots of extra people, so instead I followed Harri, Dan and a few others over to Freds, which was central and had a pretty good French DJ. At some point we were surrounded by all these cute but very small French guys on the dancefloor (also young, but they all are nowadays), and had a good old dance before things got quite messy and some of the others ended up locked into a room for a few hours: I wasn't hammered enough and spent a lot of time downstairs chatting to a cute Canadian guy called 'Ben,' and JD (Jack Daniels is my new nickname for him!!), and Louse and Daniel, who were absolutely battered by this point - was pretty funny.
I basically grabbed the Canadian guy after a few hours, asking him why he was shy, to which he had no reply, got a bit of a kiss, but he obv. wasn't wanting anything else (and neither was I really, he was cute but way too good boy for me!), told me he's just broken up with a girlief - who obv. broke his heart or something.
Anyway, it was nice to get a kiss out of it, and then the rest of the evening whizzed past with Lou and Dan coming upstairs to sit with me and this cutie called Hubert (who I think I was half sleeping on, whilst trying to remember my school-girl french to ask him some questions as he didn't speak any english). Was pretty funny.
Left there around 7.30, got basically packed into a taxi with a 10 euro note by Louise and hubby who absolutely refused to let me walk home.
Was in bed by 8am.
Let's just say saturday was a total write-off, got up at 1.30 am, ate a fry up, watched three films, and went to meet harri and dan for thai, which was lovely (got me out my house and down the road, after which I felt a bit better).
Sunday was supposed to go to Bikram but FAILED and instead went for a run around the island, almost stacked it quite a few times, and then did all the tidying and filing and stuff I was trying to do before that on saturday and could only just crawl to my sofa,
I then met new friend Louise for dinner @ Casa di david, was nice not to have to cook again, and did a bit of work on my site idea before being in bed by 11pm bt sleeping really badly even though I should've been whacked, I woke up every few hours.

No comments:
Post a Comment