Monday, February 14, 2011


Happy Valentine's day - the last half an hour of it anyways...

I've been surprisingly ok this one, I know it's just a day, just that usually this day is a bit hard - I kept forgetting it's even Valentine's Day (apart from when left the dance class and went out into town, then you see some of the couples, and apparently Puccini Chocolate was really busy).

I've been thinking today of all the things that women say when they're single, and what they really mean. So, on this day of all days here it goes.

I'm too independent = I'm scared to let anyone else in or do anything for me because I've been badly hurt in the past.
I'm fine on my own = I'm pretty ok most the time, and I tell myself this because I know there is no alternative at the moment, and sometimes, I really am happy or fine.
I just can't find the right guy =Maybe I'm a little fussy, and I also don't want to settle for anything less than great.
I always attract the bastards = I go for guys who make me feel bad about myself, because deep down I feel bad about myself. No one would really know it on the outside though.
My friends keep telling me they don't why I haven't met anyone yet = my friends think I'm lovely and can't understand why I keep meeting the bastards, when they got over that years ago. They also think I'm really fussy.
I don't really do boyfriends very well = I don't like compromising, I don't like letting anyone else in, and I'm pretty busy most the time, so hey the man just has to deal with it!
I don't know if I want children = I don't know if I'll meet someone who wants them in time for me to actually have them. And if that happens, well, I'll pursue alternatives, or I'll be O-K.
I'm pretty happy right now = I have enough going on in my life to forget that I'm single, and forget that I'm supposed to want someone to make me happy.
I'm happy by myself - maybe I've done enough soul searching to really be ok, to be happy, and for most of the above to be true at least half of the time.
I have my good days and bad days about it = the other half of the time I get down, low, go out and party when I don't want to, look at many guys I meet and wonder if they're the one, or how they met their girlfriends, or if in another life I may have been their girlfriend.
Many guys I meet are a bit young for me now = I suddenly found myself being this age without really realising it was happening! Go figure (and one day it'll happen to you...)

Interesting thoughts, and of course they come from the heart of me. Again.

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: