Sunday, February 13, 2011

Just back from the weekend gate away with hassan and webb, what a fun weekend. Left Friday after work (surprisingly easy to leave and get there, we even got there before nine), after a hectic week away.
The freelance thing I was chatting to someone about last week didn't materialise, and to be honest kinda glad as would mean am working now, and also would've had to try and do some this afternoon, and in the eves this week, not ideal. Maybe it'll still come in, but they seemed a bit unsure as to my quote - I think they were expecting it to be a little cheaper.
Anyways, we got to this place a kind of big modern purpose-built thing in the countryside where there were two big rooms with beds, that looked surprisingly like a dorm, and then three bedrooms at the end of those probably for the parents, although equipped with single beds.
We pretty much got on it as soon as we arrived, dancing and drinking - this micheal guy was on the DJ, pretty cool diverse music and a decent soundsystem in there. It was fun! Me and ashley doing a chair dance, and Max and I doing a bit of dancing together...so cool.
Was in bed about 3am, didn't sleep very well - I actually drank a few whisky cokes with Dustin and Josh, good whisky and I haven't touched it since I was about 16....
Woke up feeling pretty rough yesterday, still managed to eat a decent breaky, and then people went out walking - I missed the first one, but caught the second attempt. Nice to get out into the fresh air even if the scenery not all that great.
Last night, amazing meal (after we finally ate, which was late as Dave and Mira etc went out to get booze and apparently ended up getting lost! We'd been drinking since late lunch around 3/4, and I was still tired from not sleeping so well the night before. Watched some poker, played some scrabble and then gave up trying to be lively to go to bed around midnight, not great effort at all but after the others started to play charades, and I couldn't even muster the energy to guess what they were doing, thought it best to slope off to bed. Apparently they carried on to a healthy 3-4 in the morning. tee hee.
Slept MUCH better last night, woke up 10.30 feeling refereshed and went for a run with Philipine, which was cool, we took it slow and just did a little loop around - too muddy to go off the road as well.
Breaky amaaazing - eggs benedict, french toast, bannana, cinnamen and powdered sugar, sausages and bacon if you wanted it, toast and cereal. The eggs came with ham, mushrooms and tomatos as well - so yum.
Then we chilled out for hour or so, started packing and clearing up and some people left already (guess that was around 12), the others decided to go for a walk to the castle - which was a good walk the other direction to the run, but castle ended up being a house with one turret on the side - typical! Maybe a castle by dutch standards...THEN we ate whatever we could that was left, had last games of table tennis (oh yes remember the table tennis, was having some great games with people./ I don't know when I got good at table tennis, but I am for some reason...- maybe we had tables at school! I was just rallying, prefer that to playing games.
Remember isabelle with the broken arm, cute frenchie Phili, fit Craig, Maxine and Sarah (max and her 'craig, craig!' call, playing scrabble for the first time in years and sitting in on a 4/5 hour poker game. SOooo cool.
Back into Ams this eve around 7, so still time to chill, do some shopping, cook a nice dinner (didn't fancy more bread with dinner!), and now in bed feeling slightly smug and satisfied. I've even arranged a run tomorrow with harri, so let's see how it goes!

No comments: