Last night, I stopped by Sarah H's to catch up (lots to catch up on with her about previous two weeks).
Then I went over to Ryannes party, which was really nice and everyone made a real effort to speak english which was so nice of them! Very lovely friends. Was chatting to her two cousins (one male, one female) – and her sister who\s a right character. Was good to catch up (although she just broke up with the infamous R, she was a tiny bit sad about that).
Then on the way home my bar neighbours downstairs stopped me and invited me for a drink, so I sat with them for another two hours and drank a couple of beers. Actually it was cool to be a bit neighbourly, and again they are real characters who have lived in Amsterdam all their lives and so have stories to tell. The bar owner (mischa/misja) is obviously quite interesting, and was probably very attractive when he was a bit younger. His mate (Stefano), art director, was a bit odd to me to begin with, but then he perked up and actually took a bit of a fancy to me (asked me to marry him on Monday as it's free then in the buurt), but he was the campest straight man I've seen/spoken to in a while - thought he was gay but he was then being very flirty. I get so confused when the gaydar goes off like that. Also a very bubbly cute girl who was complementing me on my fashion style 'Jessica' whose also a buurvrouw (girl neighbour), we had a little chat but the guys were speaking a lot over her so we were getting frustrated with trying to have a more serious conversation - she is studying fashion and wanted to hear about the work i was doing with Veldhovengroup.
I stayed for three fluitjes, and then headed the few steps to me doorway, handled the cats, and into bed - was pretty tired.
Saturday, May 26, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment