Had such an amazing queens day this year, even better than last year if I'm honest, probably because I also got hammered, and had a dance, and stayed with all my friends throughout the day.
I did leave anna behind a couple of times, was walking along chatting to people and just forgot her, or was taking too long to get somewhere and so she got there before me. Oops. I hope she was ok about it...
Started at Vondelpark, sat and had a drink in the sun with Jen who we met there, we wandered quite leisurely up so Anna could see some of the madness beginning.
Then we went to Harri's brunch which was sooooo super fun, everyone there, started on the booze good and proper, and some of the other stuff too. I really do think QD is like Christmas for adults - everyone in a good mood, dressed up orange and walking around with the carnival atmosphere...
A few people were leaving Harr's to go to a soundstage, and this time we decided to go with a few peoples. By this time I was very merry, so the walk there was interesting. We ended up outside Brandstoff which was really cool, good music, and nice chats with Harri as well.
I think we must've been there for four hours or so. next I knew someone was calling me and Anna was at G&Ts waiting for me, no idea what happened there, but we wandered along and I met up with Anna who by this point was sobering up and wanted her bed. So we walked back to mine.
Once I got in here, I put her to bed, but I really didn't feel like staying in, and plus I knew if I went to bed would not sleep, so I texted Harr and Dan who were out at Finch, and thought it would be a really good idea to head along there for a couple of hours. They headed finally to Rembrandtplein, but it was too far away for me, plus I was chatting to a rather cute older Dutchie. He and his friend were going to Cafe Nol. I was having a good time with them, plus haven't been there for a long time, I think since I went with Mali. I was there for about an hour, and it ended with me passing the guy outside the club for quite some time before I sensibly got myself off home...
I think I got to bed around 3am which meant I was rather tired yesterday at work, although I did get into work late. It was a good tired though, a remember all the memories and chuckle at the photos that have been being posted ever since. Too funny a day. And everyone was soooo orange - I had the classic orange wig I love again! Love that thing!!
Wednesday, May 02, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I had never heard of Queen's Day before. What is it exactly? Sounds like you had a fun time :-)
It's basically a celebration of the Dutch Queens birthday where they actually give us a bank holiday. This year it was sunny, the holiday fell on Monday, and I had a really good friend of mine staying - so it was pretty much all round awesome! You should come over for it one year...
Post a Comment