I had a great time on holiday - been away all last week, hence the lack of posting here...no computer, phone was pretty much switched off, etc, etc. Was great to have a break from work and from technology (which we're all SO addicted to).
Arrived into the resort first, after a bit of 'no key' drama, but was soon in the apartment, and outside on the hottest day they've had so far (managed to burn myself a few places, was stupid to not sit in the shade that first day!!). Had an interesting conversation with a guy who walked past called 'Carlos', Domincan republic by birth but had strangely lived in the Netherlands since he was 20, so we talked a mixture of Dutch and English. I thought I might see him around again, he was very flirty, but I never saw him again. Anyway, passed some time!
The girls arrived in late that night, and we caught up, had a few duty-free drinks (was lovely), and laughed our asses off. I love friends like that where you can just laugh and laugh and you're not even sure why you're laughing but it's damn funny! It's the best times...
The rest of the holiday was very relaxed, so much so that by the end I was really getting a bit twitchy. There was nothing to do there except lie by the pool and read, which is exactly what I'd wanted, but for a week it can get too much. I went through two and a half books, did some sketching and thinking, and daydreamed a lot about the Canadian (it was doing my head in but I also couldn't stop thinking about him).
We went for one amazing pricey dinner (where Charlie and laura nabbed the pink flamingo pedalo and came back the short way across the lake), we laughed about that - and had to get up very early in the morning to take the darn thing back!! This meal was amazing, the best I've eaten in the best surroundings for a long time, so the price-tag was ok.
We went out to a pizza restaurant and bar on the last night, but there really was nothing going on there so after one cocktail we returned.
We watched a sunset from the beach (so windy we had to fashion our own shelter underneath a pier, was really quite amusing),
And we went to the shopping centre one day because it was windy and rainy and cooler, wandered around but didn't actually buy anything. We watched a very and Johnny Depp film, but still it passed the time.
The girls drank a lot more than I did, but I realise that I also drank a lot, there wasn't much else to do, so a few days we even started drinking beer around lunchtime! Was funny (not so funny when I got my hangover early).
Anna cracked me up with her sticking tongue out and 'lalalalaa' thing. It was a little hard to see how close her and Laura have become, probably they are as good a friends now as me and her, perhaps even better. I tend to tell Anna everything that's happening, but there were a few times when she was telling me something she hasn't told me before, and of course Laura already knew (mainly about men). She's still hankering after this James guy who is blatantly bad news although she really likes him. I coped with it ok, but at times I felt the cut - I hadn't thought about it before, but it makes sense those two because such good friends since Beth and I are living in different countries. I couldn't ask for a nicer girl to be there for Anna either, Laura is loverly.
Arrived back tuesday evening (late), and straight into a full on week of work this week - but it's good with the money...
And the weather here is sunny and amazing. Really amazing - bonus!
Saturday, May 26, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment