Saturday, February 09, 2008

I swear that I am haunted in London by faces of people past.
I've asked my friends about this, and I really do see a lot more people that I know (and sometimes don't want to see) whenever I go out in London.
I bump into people on the tube.
I see them in streets.
Bars,
I find out they know one of my friends.
It is really beginning to freak me out.
Today, on the way back from a very nice day out on the south bank with my friend Jen, I walked past (thank god he didn't see me) a guy I dated about two years ago called Darian. He didn't treat me very well at the end - I was seeing him for about two and a half months, although it was nothing serious, he just stopped calling me, texting me, answering my calls or texts and even an email I sent him. This makes me sound like I hassled him, as soon as I realised what was going on I left him alone. I sent him a very nice email saying that I hoped he was ok, and that I was sorry he didn't feel like telling me he didn't want to see me any more...but that I got the message. He didnt even reply to that. Not very mature or nice (and he seemed both when I was dating him).
Anyway, I had this feeling (and my feelings are usually right) that I would bump into him again some day. I hope that today was it, and I never see him again.
He was obviously on quite a new date with some blond trendy looking thing. He was also speiling like he used to do with me (he was quite theatrical), I tend to think lucky escape for me...lol.
I don't think I like seeing people like this - anyone I actually want to see I never do.
Is it just me these things happen to, and why? Is it because I look out for people I know more that others?? Or is it just some lucky (or unlucky coincidence)??

2 comments:

Jen said...

Sometimes what we think is just a coincidence, is the universe's way of sending us a message. Maybe there's something or someone that's trying to get your attention. Look closer, maybe you'll see something else besides all the familiar people.

The Sarjent said...

hmmmm i think the universe is messing with me! I always see these people who freak me out a bit! I will look closer next time though, the one good thing about seeing that twot who I dated was that I realised he is obviously still out there doing the same thing he was doing when he was dating me...and that he was all a bit of an act. So I needn't wonder what happened to him any more!!
:0)