Wednesday, February 20, 2008

So I haven't had time to write in here a while.
I am now 32.....eeek! I had a brilliant birthday though, I think I managed to bring in this (my 32nd year) in proper immature style.
I started off with a lovely lunch in a restaurant in Balham called Harrisons. It was nice, and I got lots of cards and drank quite a lot of white wine.
Then we went on to drop off all my stuff around a friends house who lived just down the road (so I didn't lose it!!) before heading to what is known in these parts as 'the caning bar'. It is always full of aussies, kiwis, south african's and people who generally don't have a proper 9-5 job to go to on Monday morning. It had good tunes, some fun people and a dance floor = what else could a girl ask for?
My friend Tim bought a bottle of champagne. A few of my other friends bought me some shots. I was loving the music. My friends who were being more sensible than me left at around 10.30 to get home, I stayed with my friends who wanted to stay out with me.
We then went onto a bar called Inigo's on Lavender Hill - it is also always heaving in the same way as Gigalum, and although I vaguel remember getting the cab there, I have to admit I don't admit a whole lot else except waking up the next morning (thank god alone!!) with the remains of some crisps scattered around my head, and my toothbrush on my bedside table smeared in toothpaste, and with my alarm for work going off by my head - it must've been going off for about an hour and a half.....
Needless to say I had to call in sick - luckily I'd done some of the work on friday evening and so I just told my art director where that was and he worked them up.
I had a brilliant evening, but now that the birthday deadline has come and gone I've been feeling very flat this week. I think after New Year I was just looking forward to that (well not the getting a year older but going out with my friends etc) and now it's over I just see the year looming out ahead of me, without anything different in it and not really knowing what to do about it.
Well I know I have to make some changes, I just have been feeling too flat and low this week to start making them....no more excuses!!
I have lovely friends, a great flat, I am freelancing and so earning good money (when I get paid - I've been waiting since end of Jan), I love london, but I am no longer in love with London, if that makes sense.
I am restless, let's see what that restlessness brings me now.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Happy Birthday Girl! Sounds like you had a lively time, good for you! Don't worry about feeling flat, that will go away soon enough and you'll see, things will brighten up! All the best for this new year!