So I think the site has stirred me into action a little bit.
I got the offer of a new month's freelance gig, and have taken it, much the chagrin of my current creative director (I think he wants me to stay = flattering). I don't want to get stuck at the first place I went to, and it's not really my sort of agency, so I am going to take it and move on. It's so hard when you have work in the pipeline, that might get made. Advertising being as it is, you can't stay to make something as the chances are if you really want to make it, it's good and therefore the client will never be brave enough to go ahead and do it!
Also i can still put it in my portfolio if I came up with the idea...so although not as satisfying as to see it through, it doesn't really make that much difference/odds.
I also emailed a few contacts in the states to start realising that dream. I think I was making excuses not to, and even if I start now, it;s going to be at least three months before I can actually make the move, so it's time to start now. I've had a good reaction off one recruitment consultant (a friend's mum) that I know in the States, so that was good.
I still haven't been paid for all the work I have been doing here, it's so bizarre this way of working and not getting a monthly salary. I'm sure I will get used to it - at the moment it seems like it's a bit of feast and famine.
I have also been trying to buck myself up on my writing, I don't think it's there yet but I am starting on it, it's going to be a long drawn out process - it's so hard! I admire even not very good novellists for even finishing something after having a go myself.
I also signed up to another dating site, once my friend helps me do the profile - I figure something is better than sitting around and nothing.
Things are moving on??
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Things seem to be moving quite along! Good for you! You're planning to move to the states? When? Where to? Sounds exciting! Good luck with the dating scene, I know how frustrating it can be.
Post a Comment