Sunday, June 08, 2008



I’ve just had another really cool Saturday night in Amsterdam…makes me think that it was the right decision to come here for the last few months. I can honestly say I’ve not felt as good for a while…and it’s totally situation/destination based. This weekend have gone out with people from work for Cowboy Friday (yeah, hilarious, see the photos for evidence), where everyone in the office dresses up, the men grow ridiculous facial hair, and they play blatantly stupid western songs. Very funny. We ended up at a place called the ‘Water Hole ‘ (oh and bumped into Chris Bayliss from the agency Tribal there, he was very apologetic about not having replied to my email,) and having a good time with everyone. Generally I drank too much beer, played two games of pool (very badly) and ended up chatting to this crazy blond dutch guy, although nothing happened. After I left I cycled on my bike drunk, Dutch style and got absolutely and utterly lost. I was cycling around for ages until I bumped into ‘Hugo’, also kinda random, and he showed me how to get back to Rosengraacht.

Yesterday was a day of cycling around doing a bit of sightseeing. I found my way to a couple of great markets (nordermarkt area, off westerstraat, bought things like buttons and postcards, and a lovely scarf, cycled around Jordaan which is a real café/eclectic part of Amsterdam, then up to Westerpark, chilled out on the grass up there. It was really fun. I then headed to Struik again for Mali’s birthday, quite a few people from work came out, we ended up there until closing time, then onto in Baz’s words one of the sleaziest clubs in this area (I’ll find out the name), it was actually really fun and people were dancing, it was playing some weird mixture of rock and electronica. Andreas was making me crack up with his dancing impressions of people.

Finally we headed back to Mali’s for a few more drinks and to chill out. A good night methinks – and also quite random, the best ones always are! I was going to leave half way through but got bought a couple more beers, stayed and was there to the bitter end. Did a bit of a walk of shame home this morning around 6am, but luckily she only lives a couple of blocks away…and now going to have to park more of my sightseeing plans to chill out in one I think!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Sounds you are having a really good time!!! Yay!