The oil-painting Rembrandt morning light of Amsterdam.
The light in Amsterdam, like in a lot of cities, is best in the late evening, or very early morning. I have had a lot of nights out recently where I have had the pleasure of watching the sun come up. It is something about all the water that means the light reflects this orange, yellow, blue, grey hues all over from within in it, and as it reflects again off the buildings of the same colours around it, it’s the one time when man-made and nature kind of becomes one. I love it. Remember cycling back on the back of my bike from Club eleven, Jordy cycling, just looking around at all that light and feeling so lucky to be there watching it. I do feel pretty awful if I miss a night’s sleep, but it is always worth it to see the sun coming up like that. If there are clouds around they also reflect light to go a pink tinge. Maybe because the church spires are tall and seem to be this pinky orange colour, it feels like you’re in the middle of some oil painting. It’s pretty ethereal. As you can tell I am blown away by the beauty of Amsterdam sometimes.
I will have to try and catch it in that light sometime, just take a cycle around with my camera. I always think that people who don’t go out clubbing miss out by not seeing that light as much as we clubber-types do!!
Meanwhile the days and weeks are going so quickly, now am into my fifth week, can you believe?
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment