Thursday, August 07, 2008

I have my brother and his girlfriend here, what a pair!
They’re saving for their travels at the moment, so all they’re trying to do is save money all the time.
They don’t want to spend any time with me (I took an afternoon and a morning off to do stuff with them and they’re quite happy just doing their own thing, don’t want me to take them around, rather do their own bike tour). Which I suppose I should’ve expected, but I did think maybe my own bro wanted to see me just a little bit.
They totally oblivious of anyone else around them, so if you’re eating with them or spending any time with them, it’s limited attention-span and then back into talking about things themselves, their own little jokes and innuendos. Talk about making someone feel like a gooseberry.
And tonight, our night out, we went out for an early dinner (which after feeding both of them both nights, they didn’t even offer to treat me). Alex bought me one glass of wine at the bar, and then they wanted to come home again. They’re sleeping in my lounge, which means I can’t even hang out and watch TV out there with them, they were so doing my head in being all lovey dovey that I had to come inside and go to bed in here(luckily they had a DVD I could borrow).
I know you shouldn’t expect much from people, and do everything because you want to, not because you want something back, but I don’t think it’s too much to ask to want to spend some time with my own brother, and hang out, and not just feel like a crash pad. They won’t be getting another invite, unless it’s him separately.

I guess when I analyse what I feel above, I think that maybe I’m just a bit jealous of what they’ve got, and I guess in a way I am. But I really hope that I never act like that in front of other people if/when I fall in love again. I suppose the one thing to take out of it is that they really don’t care, and seem completely oblivious to everyone else’s feelings, which must be nice for them. I wish I could be a bit more like that too...mum says it's sweet?

And on another separate point, I’m really hacked off with people asking me if I’ve met anyone nice yet. Why can’t I just be here and be happy without having met anyone nice? Other people are making me feel like I’m missing out on something, and god knows that I do a good enough job of that myself.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I totally see your point. I would be pretty annoyed too!