Sunday, August 03, 2008

Lastly, a post for this weekend. My mate steve has just left, I remember now why I don't spend more than a weekend with him, it's been really nice, but he does do my head in just a touch. He is about the most (obviously) highly sexed bloke I know, everything deserves a stare, a look, a comment, and he won't just let me be in my innocent thinking, everything is a 'I know what you're thinking' * insert rude remark here.
I love him dearly, but he should know by now that not everyone thinks in the same way that he does!!
To counteract this, although his advice is sometimes not what I want to hear, he does usually hit the nail on the head, as he did with J, not that I'm regretting anything there.
Odd that, I guess being such a bloke, he can give you the blokes perspective on things.
Anyway, he approves of my being out here, so I should take that as one good sign!
I do find it hard to take financial and love advice from someone who is perenially on the hunt for 'the one', and not the best with money having remortgaged his place to the hilt. His other 'life' advice is pretty good I feel.
I was getting a bit ratty towards the end though, having entertained for the past three weekends (and with my bro and his girlf. coming this week), I am a bit tired of being the host and suggesting things to do, particularly when he didn't really want to do anything I suggested, but then didn't know what else he wanted to do either, didn't want to follow me if I got the directions wrong, but was perfectly happy following if I knew where I was going.
*slight rant over. I loved having him here, it's just we are maybe too similar in a lot of ways, extremely different in a load of other ones.

Oh and someone should really tell him not to tell a woman of around 30, that yes, he thought that biological clock might be ticking. Really! What use is telling someone that?? I have to first find a bloke who I like who wants to be with me too, then somehow fall in love with them in a way I haven't been before, and them me, and then have the kiddies, having done all the other things I want to do in life. Yes I want them (clock ticking away or not), but whether I will ever manage to pop them out is another question. I HATE it when blokes say things like that!!

Oh and someone s

1 comment:

Jen said...

I hear you, the whole biological clock discussion can be a bit annoying,m and yes, acting as the host for several weekends in a row gets to me too. I hope it's more relaxed on your brother's visit.