OK the next day chilled out with mum, after I went back to bed for a few hours (lovely!), she cooked me a mean shepherds pie (YUMMY) and went over the road to Pam's, while I just sat in bed and watched a film and still felt hungover. It was sooo nice to eat proper food and be looked after (with mum's black dog hot water bottle) for a change.
In the morning we went for another run around Boulter's lock, but this time I just ran on ahead a bit more rather than going back, and I think mum was a bit sore from the time before so I just saw her back at home. We had a nice lunch together and then I headed into town with cases etc packed, jumping out to meet Jana and Fabi on the way at Oxford Circus - was determined to meet as many people as I could over the few days I was there. It was nice to see Jana who still has around three blokes on the go.
I then dragged cases (which I guess stopped me being tempted to go into Top Shop to pick up bargains) and dumped them at Anna's, had a quick salad and catch up with her before heading over to say Hi to Di, Adam and Lucy around there's. Nice to see them but boy do they live in a pigsty! I suppose neither of them are the tidiest of people - but is a bit odd as all three are out of work at the moment, in this financial climate isn't the best, but I guess it could happen to any of us at any moment really.
The Anna and I headed up to Sparky's for dinner with Jonnie and Suki who I haven't seen for over two years they told me, although it feels like I saw them a lot more recently. it seems they really didn't have a very good time while they were in NZ< they even split up for a bit, but they seem to have weathered it and the great news is Suki is preggars, which is fab - she has been trying since before they went away and I think they were both about to start IVF treatment, so that is so nice for them. We had a right old laugh, ate great food, played Wii and then got a lift back to Anna's that saved us about an hour and a half on public transport so was most welcome.
The next day had my date with David (bloody hell, bit out of practise with dating, was petrified. It was very, worth a second one for sure if I ever go back to London and have the time - he was keen. He was pretty gorgeous too which is always good for the self-confidence, tall, dark, handsome, fit. Hurrah they do still exist!
Then went back to mine to open post and water almost dead plants, poor things, not been watered since I was last there by the looks of it. I had a mound of post and my flat was surprisingly tidy and clean which I loved. I was expecting a bomb, which is how it was when I went back in Sept. God I miss my own little flat.
Then went back to Anna's for a change into New Year's Garb, and off to the pub in Hoxton Square to meet Sparky, Goldie and Gemma (lovely couple), Candy, her bloke Dave (odd fellow) and their friends Kaan and some others. There ended up being quite a good gang of us out there , and it was free to get in, and we had a table the whole night to sit down at which can't be bad. Stayed there to see in the NY, left at around half one on the free tube and struggled our way with the masses (bus a nightmare from the station) back to Anna's. It was pretty good considering that we were going to go to the non-existent Party at Laura's before that morning when Beth said it wasn't happening any more :(
The next day took it easy around anna's, we watched revolutionary road which was cool, in bed, and then got ready, went around for
drinks with Matt, Andy and Tim at the goose, then back for a change and cocktails to Lucy and Maggie's this time, before off to the End for the last blast before I came back here. The End wasn;t all that great - will write more later about that too - but saw Beth which was great and her new fella, who I was curious about. He seems like a good fellow.
Writing all this I can't quite believe how many people I did manage to squeeze into my week in England in the End, nice that everyone wanted to see me and that I had the energy to dash around a bit.
have a cold now - probably serves me right!!
Monday, January 05, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment