Friday, January 02, 2009

Reading back at all that I can see that December was a hard month for me here, it was really difficult. But now is Jan 2009, how strange yet cool that another whole year has gone by, so much has happened this year and on the whole it's been a really good one.
But before I go too deeply into that, I just want to get down my little holiday. It was soooo good, it's kind of good to be back and in my little place (for however long I am back in this place for!!), as have done a hell of a load of travelling around in the last week it feels more like three.
I got home late on Christmas Eve, really late - and I needn't have flown so late either as had no work to do all day, and left work around 4. I actually nipped to the gym quickly before I flew as I knew it was going to be a heavy week (I ran twice at home though with mum which was nice).
That evening just caught up with mum over a glass of port and lemon and ate choccies - typically. Christmas Day got up late, went over to Shirleys over the road for a drink. Found out that Fiona and her man actually live east near Monica's place in Amsterdam, and apparently there are a few others from the head out here too. Bit bizarre. Then we went over to Stu's, lunch was late but lovely, he made a great soup and his own stuffing which was impressive. Got loads of cool pressies, in fact I have to send mum something as she did really well on the pressie front after telling me that I was going to get nothing I wanted this year because I didn't give her a list. I got a jumper from stueey that mum chose, a top, lots of lovely knickers, a knick er and bra set (I changed because it didn't fit me very well) and a small travel case (changed the colour because it was a bit too girlie for me, bright pink! lovely case though, perfume, which smells lovely so have kept, the wierd thing is the only thing I didn;t get that I wanted was a cream scarf. And Anna gave me one for christmas without me even asking her to either - so telepathic christmases rock!!
We ate, watched rubbish tv and wallace and grommit, which I liked a lot, left there quite late, we were going to stay but Stueys flatmate came back, and I didn't drink all that much so it was fine to drive.
Boxing day we went and swopped sizes and colors of pressies at Debenhamas, and actually the sales were ok - must be the credit crunch. Then went over to Daizy's mums for a turkey curry. It was cool if a little boring at the end.
27th it was nice to fly a bit later on in the day as mum and I just hung out, ran, had a nice lunch. Then she drove me to the airport for the wedding in Aberdeen. I got there 5ish, around the same time as Chris and Fabi, it was good to have some time to catch up with her in the cab as after that it was full on dinner (LATE! with moody bus driver), then a few drinks in the hotel bar before crashing. The first night Stevie snored, I poked him once, and then he just stopped. So I slept well (not so well the next night).
28th was a full on breakfast, catching up with Jeanette and Matt who we sat with at breakfast. He seems cool but very young! Still very, very young.
Then it was getting ready for the wedding, which was extremely well organised. Will put up the photos, it was bloody freezing and although my dress was really cool, it was more like a summer dress so REALLY cold - ended up in some of the photos outside with my brown coat on - my big brown duvet as I call it.
The wedding fyfie castle was amazing, full of old trinkets and it's an actual old manor house of Mr Fyfie. Lou looked lovely, quite skinny, brown, her dress was HUGE - not my taste but she looked great. Cal looked nervous!! Champagne reception with shortbread afterwards, then we got the coach back for canapes and drinks in the hotel reception, then through for dinner and dancing in the ballroom, the perfect size and stuff for the do. Jim and Becca were on really good form for the whole thing, they seem a lot happier now than last time I saw them, Jim has got a job in Canada and they are moving in Jan, so that might be it for them. Who knows...
The dinner and band were great, in fact the food was some of the best food I've had so far at a wedding, soup, salmon, beef, and then white chocolate creme brulee. Speeches and stuff average, not as funny as some I've been to, but not bad. Dancing with everyone = fab - think loudie and I danced the most and Fabi and Bex were up quite a bit too. At one point we had Cal's mum and Dad up on the "podium" *(step) having it large with every one - very amusing. Next morning was up fairly early all things considering to catch my flight back to Heathrow, didn't feel too bad and just went to bed for a few hours when I got back (like I did today). I actually met 'roger' from the party and chatted to him at the airport - we were on different flights though in the end.
I will write more tomorrow as am forgetting things now. Tiiiired (went out for new years day yesterday, had about three hours sleep. The end was good but seriously, ear bleedingly loud and I'm not even joking. You could feel it shaking your body. I don't like it like that. Met Beth's new man, nothing like I would've expected him to be, but she seems very happy).
More tomorrow.

No comments: