Christmas at home was lovely this year!!
I am now back in Amsterdam, it just snowed again so I am glad I made it back tonight before that happened...looks like not going to get on my bike again tomorrow then! Boo
Anyway, I really just relaxed and chilled out. Went out for a walk with my bros on boxing day with the dog, mum was in bed, poor her, she's been ill all Christmas, and was just getting her taste back today. Then my bro and I went out to see Avatar 3D, which I have to say was excellent. Really good special effects etc.
On the way back Alex called Stu and he was in a pub called Noctors on that happened to be on the way home, so we stopped off there. It's quite wierd that now all his friends are 29 or 30 even, I still don't feel much older than 30 so now when I'm out with them I feel less like the oldest person there, just like one of them/ Apart from the fact they were all getting absolutely hammered, as per usual. I saw Billy and Doug, they came to say hi. And I actually saw Rachel and Kay there together - I'm glad that they are still friends with Stuey because I really like them.
27th I had an action day - wandered up to the leisure centre, did a good work out with steam room, and then wandered over to catch up with Fish and Jo and little Fred, who is a gorgeous smiley giggly baby, very lovely natured. It was nice to hear their news, and tell them all mine about buying.
In the evening just chilled out with mum, we went out for a thai meal which we enjoyed and then watched loads of rubbish TV!
Yesterday hit the Reading sales, which were a nightmare, but I was very successful and even found a bag I liked for my birthday from mum (was nice). Got quite a few new clothes, even though it looks like it might be too cold tomorrow to wear any of them...
We were tired by the evening, but watched Pride and Prejudice and Day of the Triffids, along with alex and a G&T made with his new gin. It was yummy. It's one of my new fave drinks, really refreshing and reminds me of mum and dad in Indonesia - guess it's got that nostalgia.
Today was just packing up last bits and bobs and traveling.
It's been great just to get away and relax at mums', eat properly, watch as much rubbish and good TV as I could cram in my eyes (remember the 100 most annoying people count-down of 2009, pretty amusing). Good hol, all in all.
I missed Dad yesterday, we toasted him at our Christmas Dinner and Grandad, and yest I felt a bit weepy about it. Still miss him.
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment