The weather hasn't actually been so sunny, but there is definitely a carnival atmosphere going on in and around amsterdam...which has perhaps made it feel a little sunnier than it has been. Also I've had the time to go out, which is nice!!
The real orange atmosphere started yesterday, it rained most the day but people were out and about, and the orange banners are really coming out.
Anna and I went to Puccini's cafe and the chocolate shop next door, had a wander around, and picked up some more orange bits for queens day - since it seems it's not going to be sunny enough to wear my usual orange dress. It was cool. We had a little rest, and then went out to Alex's party last night - really my only aim was to have a little dance which I did, standing on some beer barrels, hands in the air. Classy! It wasn't as good as I was expecting it to be, first off really crowded, then really smoky and hot, and the music was a bit too standard proggy to really get into it, but nice to see my old crowd of party friends out and about, and to have a good old dance!
Got in at around 5.30am this morning which was unexpected (I did have a little help there), the walk to and from the place with anna in her jodhpurs was pretty funny, lots of looks and comments about horses abounding. She really does go for the fancy dress which I love. She also had a good time, not having been out for a dance for a long while I think...
Today chilling, relaxing, eating and going to see if we can catch a manicure at my little place. Not sure if we'll be able to, but will be the only time we get out the house most probably.
And tomorrow orange craziness! Yeehah!
Sunday, April 29, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
All this talk of origins is making me want one :-)
*oranges I mean lol
Post a Comment