Sunday, October 14, 2007




This weekend in pictures:
I once again was feeling a bit miserable yesterday (had another dismal attempt at a girls night out. Have come to the conclusion girls nights out are best not arranged!) but luckily I had planned to meet my mate Lucy for a 'London' day - which is exactly what we did. It's been a while since I have felt like being a tourist in my own city, but yesterday that's what we did. We met up in Borough market (an amazing london market full of amazing food!), and wandered around there, grabbed a coffee, then walked along the river past the south bank and over the bridge to embankment, then down the strand to covent garden - which is where this was going on. The big Draw, you could literally just grab an easel and have a go! So I did (my picture was diabolical, Lucy's was a lot better).
Then we wandered around covent garden trying to find somewhere for a glass of wine, but everywhere was really busy so we came back to Clapham North.
THEN I actually watched the rugby and we managed to beat France so are through to the final - YAY GO ENGLAND!!
Today was another beautiful day, managed to get out for a run. I had a date, which was nice although I don't think he's my type really (again around covent garden), then I jumped over to the south bank to meet Fabi, my old Brazilian Art Director. I had to take the above picture of her amazing bag, she always has such nice things like this.
We had a good old chin wag - the consensus seems to be that I am doing the right thing by jetting off, which I really hope I am because it's beginning to sink in a little bit and I've been getting nervous about it all!
I feel a bit better today than yesterday. It was also my Dad's birthday yesterday which makes me sad - I did feel bad I wasn't going home for it like my brothers, but I go home a lot more than they do.
And today is what Mike and I would have been celebrating as our year anniversary - if he hadn't jacked it all in. It's not really the proper date (that was in September), but it's the one where we properly got together.
Instead he is in Paris with the boys watching the rugby. He probably would've gone even if it had been our anniversary - so am looking on the bright side. Could I really ever have been happy with someone who put rugby before everything else? Probably not...

1 comment:

Jen said...

Nice weekend! I love Covent Garden! And you went on a date?! Good for you! Even if he's not your type, you still went out, that's a start!