The last two weeks have not been good for being healthy to my body, but they've been a lot of fun. I've somehow gone into 'Winter mode' (like the trees outside are yellowing and dropping leaves, I'm chomping down on chocolate and lardy arse food!!).
I've also, as you can see from the lack of posts in here, been pretty busy. I don't know what I've actually been up to, either. Dutch classes, a couple of dates, writing class (not had much time to do the homework though :( ) had a cocktail party this weekend, which I dragged myself to even though I came down with a horrible coldy fluey thing last week, because I had been looking forward to it for ages, and I was darned if I was going to miss out on it!! With the result that have been feeling really rubbish ever since, trying to get over it. I am off work today as have a really busy end of the week and am trying to help myself to recover so thurs and friday are not as bad as mon-weds have been.
In terms of things I have done? I hung out with Rogier on sunday which was nice, we did a DVD and food, wandered down to Rembrandtsplein, and back, and went to a cool place near him which is an arts theatre too, shows arty films, for some killer red wine. This was on sunday before I had to come back. I think the red wine numbed the pain but was not good for the cold and I felt terrible on MOnday.
I had a ticket for Ludvico Einaudi booked (that Jasper had sorted out), was really keen to go and not quite dying, so I went anyway. Went for dinner first and a drink as I thought would be hard to find them later (missed my dutch class, was not so much in the mood for it I have to say, anyway). The concert was ace, will have to upload pictures when I figure out how to do that from my new Iphone (which is the other thing I finally did last week - got a contract phone, and I have to say I absolutely love it, it's the best phone I have ever, ever had, and incredibly easy to use.
Jeez, maybe I should get a job with apple now :)
So, am sat here, trying to recover, taking advantage of the day off to catch up on the writing, and I have done a fair amount. It's been nice. I miss the odd day off here and there like I had when I was freelancing.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment