Monday, November 24, 2008

Well the good thing about not having much stuff is the time it takes you to move and unpack. Could do it all easily in a morning really, including the packing!! Is mad.

Wasn't so sure about my new flat, but with all my stuff in it it is looking a lot more homely. I'm still not sure about the price. I will carry on having a look around after I get back from Kirstmas I think...see if I can find something of a similar size but a lower price nearby.

I had a great weekend, spent most of it with the new man as he was out with everyone friday, and then helped me move saturday, and then we also hung out on sunday.

The only other thing I wanted to write about was Elizabeth. She is a strange friend, she is another one of those people like Esther who makes everything so difficult, and not sure how. Example, we met up for a meal the other night, we were supposed to meet in the Albert Heijn, after I had got the keys. When I rang her she was already in the AH, supposedly on my street, so off I trundle. Then she is on a totally different street, so she says she'll meet me outside my place. Then she doesn't come, I ring, and her bag has split, she has gathered the stuff she could and cycled home. Except I don't have her address on me so I have to find it (thank god for googlemaps on my Iphone...).
Cra-zy.

I got a message on saturday that she'd been out friday, got her bag stolen with her laptop, phone, wallet, everything, and has never backed up her stuff on her computer and of course it had all her portfolio on it, and also the work she is doing for this job she has been trying for. Anyway it then seems that she had her laptop handed in, not sure what the story is there, but she was lucky. Hope she backs up now!!

(maybe I am just paranoid because have had so much stolen, I back everything up two or three times and always carry my bag with me, download my photos, etc).

I wonder why some people are like this and others are just really lucky and have everything fall into their lap without trying.

No comments: