I found out two interesting things today.
1) Maybe rogier liked me more than he was letting on. Thinking about it he introduced me to all his friends and his dad, which I don't think he would've done if he thought it was casual. Plus he seems to have told a lot of people at Cayenne, which I also doubt he would have done otherwise. I really didn't tell that many people (although I am still not) I like to be a little bit private about these things...
I was speaking to kathrin this morning and she asked me if he'd been my boyfriend. He called me his girlfriend to her, ex-girlfriend. Maybe in dutch it isn't this big thing like it is in the UK when you call someone that, or maybe I am, I don't know!!
2) I can be a complete bitch even without meaning to. I said something really mean to Monica earlier, one of those things that just flew out my mouth before I even had a chance to think about what I was saying...She was talking about Tony and her splitting up, still seems odd to me. She is obv one of those people who is very decisive and is either all in or all out. She was so sure and committed, and now she is so sure and uncommitted (already making travel plans etc). Anyway, she said her sister had said she always thought that Tony was a "No", as in you can just tell if someone is or they aren't. I guess I'm not so sure that is true because I think people end up post-rationlising things, as to if it ends up working out or not. I only met him twice so really couldnt have an opinion. I just blurted out "but wouldn't she just say that anyway?"
And mon asked me what I'd said, and I actually repeated it, before the look on her face just made me realise what exactly I was saying about her sister's opinion.
I mean why did I need to say that?? I really didn't, and I even said it twice.
After the most amazing meal she'd cooked for me, and invited me around her place and everything, that was a bit of a sh1t thing to say.
It's out there now, and a classic example of things once out there you can't take back, because if I do mention it again then I've repeated it for a third time, and emphasized it even more!! Ug. I do feel bad though. I think I glossed over it, and I hope she doesn't remember me saying that tomorrow.
She was also talking about having felt relief at it all being over, and the thought that popped into my head is that I bet Mike was the same, I bet he felt relief too, and that would explain a lot of how he behaved for the rest of out hol.
Funny how I still think about him?
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment