Sunday, March 08, 2009

It's been a week, so you can tell have had a busy one. Work not too bad, but evenings, pretty much every evening last week had something on - including writing and dutch, so that has made me pretty tired. Then I had Sparky and Jonnie, Dave Wynn, Euan and a few others over for Fin;s stag weekend. Instead of coming home on friday night and chilling out as I wanted to, Sandrine invited me to a gallery opening on Nieuwe SpiegelStraat, Nico's Gallery. It was the John Lennon exhibition (will try and post up some pictures if I remember), was very interesting. Don't think have ever seen quite so many horrible looking old and wrinklies (all dolled up and with sooo much obvious plastic surgery it was unbelievable), it was very busy but managed to scoot around and see most of the photos. Very cool exhibition, although not my sort of thing as was all of John Lennon and Yoko Ono - don't want piccies of them up in my living room :) I guess I am becoming Sandrines exhibition buddy which is fine with me as it's fun.
Came back home to drop off bike, then got called by Sparky and Jonnie, so dashed down to centraal and finally met up with them, when we managed to find each other. Not sure where they were standing to start but wasn't outside the station.
We dropped off bags, headed into China town for a meal (we had a really nice thai in the end, was yummy), then to Line bar for a cocktail, then they of course wanted to see the red light district so we wandered into and around there, then another drink at the Grasshopper (what a horrible touristy place!), and then teaser's, the bar opposite, before they were determined to go somewhere dancing so we then paid almost 20 euros to get into Paradiso for the end of Laid Back Luke's set (by this time it was 3am so we were only there for a little bit of time!! Was fun though had a really good dance). Then cab back to mine to crash at about 5.30/6am. Woke up at 9am, was up by ten, so yesterday was a bit of a struggle.
I met up with Don/Fin and the others in the red light district and did a proper red light thing - bulldogs coffee shop, followed by an irish pub on the main red light shopping street, (with football and wierd english people drunk in there), then KFC's, then wandered back to their hotel with them to pick up a lovely care package from Suki (oh must remember to thank her for that - very sweet!!), before library for DVDs and then back home for a DVD (re watched before sunset and 'invisible circus') and junk-food feest at mine. There was no way after being out all day with the boys, and 3 hours sleep was going to make it anywhere last night, and seriously wasn't in the mood for a 'crazy cowboy' party...was in bed asleep by 10.30, and then slept till about 10.30 today - lovely...

Today - lovely run this morning in Vondelpark, and now getting all my writing/admin stuff out the way so I can do my proper writing later. Well that's the plan, it's already 2pm.

It's been a great, if a little hectic weekend.

I have to say that it was so nice to have sparky and jonnie staying, and being with them made me realise how fond I have got of Amsterdam, I was quite proud showing them off some places...demanding though they were on friday night!

Oh and never believe that guys don't talk about sex and stuff with each other - that was the main topic of conversation in the Irish pub. Although it was Sparky and his curiosity driving it pretty much.

No comments: