This weekend has been nice, although not quite as chilled as I wanted it to be originally. Friday night went around to Wynn's for her leaving drinks, was cool, met some more of her American friends, two of whom were fresh off the boat and the guy was somarily unimpressed with Ilko's gay act - freaking him out.
In fact he succeeded totally in freaking him out, as his reaction after Ilko had left showed everyone...funny. Funny that people anywhere still think like that. I guess we're spoilt living in countries where people really don't think like that any more!!
Sat up early-ish (I slept till ten which was well-needed) to go to Monica's for a 2 hour yoga session. Boy was it tough and I didn't even really push myself that much. I'm gonna really hurt tomorrow, today wasn't too bad.
Then we came back to mine for lunch - long story but she really is in a bit of a state/pickle. So we chatted it out a bit and it was great to spend some time with her. Plus she is pretty amazing at the yoga, I was impressed.
Then I dashed out to do my holiday shopping, bought a few bits and pieces that I needed which was cool, was the quickest hol shop ever, I really can't be bothered to buy too much this time, suppose it's the amsterdam thing...still in 'might have to move' mode. And I don't have that many things with me, is bizarre to be like that.
Then came home, shower, change, and met up with C. We decided it would be nice to go and have a picnic in Vondelpark, which we did. It was really freezing though, but we had beer and sushi on a park bench which was really nice. First of the year, beautiful weekend it's been too.
Then we had to go and warm up in the Film museum, my toes were like blocks of ice and was freezing. Had a drink there, then went to this really cool little bar just down the road from where he will be living (which looks really nice).
He had his IKEA trip cancelled this morning so it wasn't the condensed date he was talking about friday (which did annoy me I have to say). We had some drinks there and headed back to his, was very nice to spend the night there, even though now am really tired! Second time I have spent the night and we made full use of a lazy morning this morning (X4). It's been a while since have done that. It's so nice with him. I forgot just exactly how nice it can be when you're with someone who interests you and you have a bit of a connection with, and who is good.
It was interesting chatting to him too, although not sure what he said was totally what I wanted to hear. He said he gets a good connection with a lot of people (read girls), and here I was thinking even if it is brief, it still could be something special? Or maybe every connection is special in some way or another - as he said. Everyone has their unique qualities. A good way to look at it. And I suppose I also get connections with lots of people, but don't get the physical one with so many.
He started to talk about the ex again, but this time I think I headed if off, or rather he saw the look on my face and asked if I minded him talking about her. Which I kinda do so I said so. He got the message I think.
I also asked him what he thought of me, interested. It's funny how your impression of yourself rarely matches up to what people see. He was very nice - said I was fun, clever, interesting, open (as in up for trying new things). He's impressed with the amount I've seen and what I've done, where I've been in the world. He doesn't think I am shy, at all, but pretty forward (!). He thinks I have frustrations with my job and with men, which I manage to hide pretty well, and he thinks I've been through a lot in my life. Which has made me kind of wise. (all true, some of which I have told him, a lot not.)
He's very perceptive. I guess what I like is that he is very present when we're together, he notices things. I guess that's what he strives for with all his zen stuff.
He didn't ask what I thought back, don't think he is all that bothered what anyone thinks of him, also the zen thing...yet also he does too when you get down to it (a weird dichotomy).
If i had had to tell him, if he had asked, what would I have said?
Striking, interesting, knowledgeable, clever, ambitious, talented, sexy, caring and yet not, sensitive yet not, above all different. He notices things around him that I would never do.
Whatever happens I am really glad I met him. It's made my spring a lot more interesting that's for sure.
Then came back and packed up stuff and got myself ready for the off on wednesday :) Chilled out at home, de-cantered shampoo and stuff.
Lovely (half chilled) weekend in my new home in Amsterdam.
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment