I'm in my new flat. The bells are chiming away. This flat is echte cool and I love it.
Makes a change because I realised as I was leaving the last place how I really wasn't going to miss it at all. I felt funny about the thought of moving all my stuff, and the hassle of moving, but not of leaving that place/ and that is the first time that has happened to me. So it really was right.
The new flat is on one of the main red light districts. It is an oude huis - an original place, which means some things (kitchen cupboards) are really rickety, there are mice, the heating is a bit temperamental. But on the other hand it is beautiful, my bed is comfortable, my room is cozy (and will be great when I sort out furniture a bit), flatmate seems really nice - we just clicked right into living together at least so far. I am a lot more easygoing here than in London, maybe because it's not my physical place, so I'm not as on edge about what's going on there...? Who knows. It's great, and cycling here and hopping off bike, going into the big wooden door makes me feel so cool every time!! It's fantastic.
This weekend, quick breakdown of what I did, which is why when it hits me gonna make me pretty tired:
Fri - packed.
Sat - packed, cleaned, moved, lunch with Rogier who was a real sweetie, unpacked a bit, had Nel around for dinner, went out to Jo's houseparty, snogged some random guy, got back at 4am.
Sun - up early, did bodycopy work, slept an hour, went back to Kinkerstraat, cleaned old place properly, came back because C almost cancelled date, and then he reinstated it, came over for a beer, we went to Zeedijk, then back to his (was a bit late by then). Was a great night.
Monday, March 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Congrats on the move! Girl, you have been busy, huh?
yep. I'd say so. Tired now!!
Post a Comment