Sunday, March 01, 2009

Have had a very nice & 'gechilled' weekend. Been procrastinating on the writing front, only because when I went back and took another look at it, started changing a few things around and it then changed everything in the story afterwards, just as Dina and the others said :( Found it quite disheartening.

Two good things happened this week - I got my contract extended for another six months (not the longest period of time, but means I can stop worrying until the autumn, and get to spend another spring/summer in Amsterdam. Since I recently have been feeling a lot more settled here, got a good group of friends going, and got another place to move to in the coolest of the cool places (woo hoo, two weeks - can't wait!!), I'm glad I've got the chance to enjoy it without having to worry about finding new work, and feel very lucky just to have a job right now - what with what went on this week with Kimberlee DeKorte's contract. That was a shock for everyone, and I know from talking to her that she thought she was totally alright. I wasn't so sure - is sod's law I guess.

Then I got a short story accepted into the Kessels book. I read the other stories, and they were cool, and apparently they had a lot of entries that they didn't accept, so I was really chuffed. Is what, the second thing have ever got accepted (not that submitted a lot!), so that was a good weds/thurs.

Yesterday I met up with Zack, for coffee - he seems to be doing alright, if a little anxious to get on with his life by the sounds of it. I feel for him, living with Elizabeth, supporting her, and yet not being with her any more. It's so hard splitting up with someone, let alone then having to live with them for months afterwards. We had a glass of red wine at the end, and I have to say that it felt a bit odd at the end after that. I hope he knows we were meeting as friends. I think he did, it's just that odd thing when a girl and a boy meet, who are single, and alcohol gets involved.
Sandrine then invited me to two gallery openings on, one of which was really cool - am glad have got the chance to see some exhibitions recently. I really miss that about London, have to say. I am almost tempted to buy a piece, I loved it, called 'the kiss' - these two bits of wire intertwining with male and female features. Always a sucker for those sorts of sculptures, but it could be an investment? I'm thinking about it...
Then went to Angela's for a very lange, large, kaas-filled yummy dinner. I wouldn't have minded getting to the party a bit earlier, but she was keen to sit and chat for ages (also nice, as not really chatted to her just her and me before) so we didn't get to the party until about 11/11.30, - ended up being a bit of a late one. Loved Erkki and Johanna, they are a lovely couple, but have to say the rest weren't the most sociable crowd, found them a bit 'I'm gonna look down my nose', didn't bother to introduce themselves, didn't seem at all bothered when I did, didn't care who I was or what I did. I like to meet other english peops, but they were very much 'don't think we have a bond just coz you're english too', types. I do find that strange. I'm glad have found some non-poncy adver peops to hang around with, who are FUN. Much better 4 me.
Maybe that's why C has this thing about working in advertising, if he usually hangs with people like that?? Would make anyone feel a bit on edge.
Anyways, then lie-in this morning despite being woken up at whatever time by nellie ellie, and been having another lazy day - good for me!! I suppose now though I can't put off the writing any further. Here goes.
xx

No comments: