The week before last, no internet access because was staying at my old flat in London. Now this was a crazy trip. When I go 'home' (feels strange saying that now - after all, where is home...here or london?!), I always end up rushing around like a mad thing, and this was worse than most trips, because I was also hosting someone who hadn't been to london before, and because I was renting the place out, so doing viewings, then organising things that needed to be fixed, gas safety certificates, all that kind of palava. It was crazy.
Here is the schedule:
Arrived weds afternoon, went back and dumped bags, and then went straight out to this strange japanese rock concert thingie. To say it was not my style is an understatement, and what with the traveling to London, getting to Clapham (doing one viewing), getting back to the O2, queueing in the rain/cold for an hour and a half, and then them coming on about an hour and a half after we got into the arena, I was not best happy by the end of it (plus they sang in Japanese, I mean what good's that for feeling the emotion in your songs!!). The were called la cie est viel or something along those lines. Seriously I felt sorry for Purry because she'd spent quite a lot on the tickets and I couldn't hide my tiredness!!
Anyhoo, thursday was up to go to some galleries - we managed the tate modern as we got there after lunch in the end (oops), we walked along the south bank to get there which was nice apart from spots of rain!! I did one viewing in the afternoon, so left Purry there to walk around a bit more while I dashed home to give a viewing to these two very young blokes who I'm not sure why they wanted to live there!!
Thursday evening we went out in Clapham with Anna, although it was dead quiet so bit strange. Don't think she got the best view of Clappers.
Friday we were up fairly early to get some shopping in, which was nice - did the obligatory topshop dash. Then we left our bags with anna to get on the sightseeing tour bus. I paid for her in the end because she was so reluctant to do it, and it was the only thing I wanted to do (to be fair it was bloody expensive!!) Got the bus top view of London. Then in the evening had to dash home to give Lauren keys, and cook dinner for Laura, Anna, Lucy F (!), and Gabi who popped in for a bit (and Purry of course). I was a bit tired and stressed at having to cook, but whipped up some tasty nachos that everyone wolfed down.
Saturday was our final day in town, Purry went back into London, while I travelled to St Albans to see Katie, and meet her twin girls (very cute and of course she is the perfect mother). Then Steve gave me a lift back to Highgate and instead of spending the afternoon drinking with him, I had to go back to the flat and open up my bed (the wrong one can you believe but now I'm lumped with it because I broke the seal on the mattress...uhm ok?). I also had to clean, and dismantle old bed, and see the plumber and...blah blah.
In the evening Anna flaked, to be honest I think she was peed off with me because I couldn't give her definite plans. I had no idea what we were doing so that's why. Anyway she went out and got really drunk with Sparky and then got a headache, so I didn't see her again. I took Purry to Brick lane, where we had the worst curry ever (sorry P), and then walked around shoreditch and went to Zigfrids where they were playing questionable music. It was fun tho again I was completely knacked and those places intimidate me a little: wasn't on best form.
Sunday it was up early, final clean, final packing, and then getting the train to have a roast meal with my mum (lovely to see her but only three hours there before we headed to the airport).
And arrived back into Amsterdam in the evening. Unfortunately, having survived being in Purry's pocket all trip (pickpockets galore in london), she lost her iPhone on the plane, and it disappeared pretty quick. I know that sick feeling, and it means it's a very expensive trip for her in the end...not the best end to a nice weekend!!
I was happy to get back here where I could slow down enough to catch my breath again ;)






1 comment:
Thank you so much for sharing the wonderful story of your father and the dream you had on my blog. As you said, here's hoping we keep dreaming :)
Post a Comment