Sunday, April 01, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Love

I am sat on my sofa eating almost a whole packet of chocolate chip cookies, which should tell you my state of mind.

a) a little hungover
b) a little sad
c) a little tired of the dating game

I actually had a really nice weekend, I got back to myself a little this weekend and did a lot of last minute things that I'd never done before, and got my butt off my sofa which makes quite a change. It's what I used to be like. Not so much recently though.

Friday I went to a gig in a place called de Brakke Grond, strange belgium lesser known bands, but it turned out really interesting. I had friday off work so I felt pretty decent.

Saturday I went to the yoga brunch, did yoga, calmed my mind with breathing and seeing my best bud girls (really nice).

Then I headed over to work on my business with my business friends, such a help to me. Despite their somewhat pessimistic view on my new business idea, it was good to thrash it out with them, and then we headed for an Italian dinner, followed by the Sugar Factory (except it was closed when we got there so we went into a karaoke place instead, headed in there after),

Dutch kareoke place, hilarious, good vibe though very friendly people which can make a change in this city.

Sugar factory, awesome music and dancing, and 'secret party' vibe, where all these random things happened in and around the dance floor, plus a lot of balloons were kicking about.

I lay in a bit this morning and felt ok, dropped by Jen's brunch and then headed over to see the guy (we were giving it another try), but now we are not trying any more. Maybe we shouldn't have to try at this stage, was my conclusion again - and his was that he's just not in the place to be in a relationship right now. So I guess that's that. I was sad. I'm now feeling better again.

My weekend in a nutshell.

1 comment:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Sounds like you had a pretty good weekend :) I'm glad that you're getting back to yourself!