Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Spring has come

Spring might not be here so much in spirit, but it's here in body. I just went for my first evening run. I decided, screw trying to drag my sorry ass out of bed in the morning. No more! I'm just going to get home at a decent time and go after work...well at least once a week.

Bumped into the film guy, he and I are linked in some strange way. I keep bumping into him and hearing from him for the strangest reasons. It was kinda flustering - me in my running gear, bright pink iPod, blue headphones...who'd have thought you can get linked to someone who came to see you flat once so very long ago.

Work has been 'interesting', have been taking a bit of a back seat on some projects, and will soon have two writers to help me out. Means I can cut back and get onto my own stuff. Here's to hoping for that as well/ It's been enough to be organise it lately hahaha.

I'm looking forward to the QD weekend, two friends coming (well a friend and her boyfriend), and will be lovely to spend some time with her, plus I intend to fully go for it properly. Its been a while since I was out partying properly (when was it...Gay Pride?, New Year?? Hmmmph). And quite frankly I think I deserve it, been working my ass off recently! It could be dangerous, got work on tues morning, the day after QD, hahaha. Oh dear. Might be cabbing it.

Anyway, for some reason something has shifted and I feel a lot better about things. I talked to a friend of mine over the weekend, someone who I haven't spoken to for a while but we keep in contact on and off on FB. Turns out (and she didn't tell me this), she has been really ill. I found out last summer this particular girl, who has done so much and lived so well, has Cystic Fibrosis. She has really been struggling the last few months since January. And I didn't realise she was ill, I've even spoken to her since then. It kind of put all my tiredness and lack lustreless into perspective - I mean I took all this on, and I've been enjoying it on and off or I would not still be doing it. She, on the other hand, has no choice about anything right now, and when she does she really does go for it, because she has to. And there's me sitting here moaning about being so boring.

It really made me think.

I'm worried about her as well, she hates talking about it, and she really did tell me she's been struggling this time: so something tells me it's pretty serious. I'm gonna call her once a week and just see how she's doing.

My aunt is also still ill.

Life is hard?

1 comment:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Yes life is hard...but writing about things helps in a way does it not? I have always found solace in writing when things are bothering me.