Monday, April 02, 2012

Lists that make us feel better

Here is one I made earlier just to make me feel better. Do you ever do this? I always think (when another one fails) that at least I can refine my list of things I do and don't want in someone. Felt sad tonight. I know it will pass, but still.


What I want:
Adventurous
Travelled and up for more
As liquid as I am, or more
Fun and sparky
Energetic with a calm underlying aura - a bit like the sea
A depth that keeps me interested
A self assurity that calms me
A love that warms me (doesn't scare me)
A good heart
Emotionally aware and available
Sensitive but still manly when it matters
An amazing kisser
Good in bed
An appreciation/understanding of my life 
ditto pro activeness
Attractive to me
Logical in some ways
Intelligent, questioning, fighting, pursuing 

What I don't want:
Non adventurous
Non travelled
Staid and dull. sofa sitting
Pessimistic
Downer inducing
Too simple
Emotionally unaware and kind of unavailable
A closed heart
Not very loving
Too macho
Too matter of fact/black and white
Too sensitive or crazy arty
A lazy kisser
Lazy in bed
A resentment of my pro activeness
Any resentment of my life and how I have to live it
Accepting, ignoring, giving in, sitting around

2 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Good list of pros and cons. Here's to hoping you find that special someone.

The Sarjent said...

:) i think I may have given up...but only for now. I'll be back and optimistic in a few months I'm sure.