Saturday, September 15, 2007

I take it back, well some of it back. I tried to ignore him, tried not to be friends, and it ended up harder than the talking to him, as to ignore him means I have to get mad at him.
I guess now that some of the hurt has dulled a bit I'm finding it easier to see that maybe we could be just friends, and that maybe something is better than nothing.
Meanwhile I'm still feeling better - I had a lovely walk in town today and it was nice to just potter along, by myself, and not feel like I was sad for a change, and also to have the whole weekend stretching out in front of me where I can do exactly what I want to do...that was nice.
I still get tearful at the stupidest times though, and it usually involves alcohol - I may just have to watch getting too drunk for a while as it tends to end in tears (literally) and then that is the end of my night.

I think I also feel a bit better because I found out last week that M has been having a really bad week, he also had been having problems sleeping, and was finding it hard to know what to do at work, how to handle the situation. I think he's uncomfortable because everyone has been asking him why the hell he would want to do that, break up with me. I know now that he had to (and maybe I'll even thank him for setting me free in the future?), so I wish they wouldn't do that, but it's hard when everyone also knows me and are being protective of me...
And I cried at the company party which was not the best idea, as then of course a load more people found out that wouldn't have known for a while otherwise - so he'll be even more uncomfortable.
This is one point in my life, though, where I have to be a little selfish and worry about how I'm coping, feeling and not him ANY MORE. so I'm glad they know, and won't ask me how it's going any more.
In the meantime, it's a beautifully sunny day, we really are having an indian summer here, and I'm going out with the girls later...and will have fun, and maybe cry again (but not for as long).

2 comments:

Jen said...

Sometimes we just have to cry, what else can we do? It is refreshing though to know he's having a hard time with it as well. That's the way it should be, you shouldn't go through all of it by yourself.
I hope you feel better soon!

The Sarjent said...

yeah he had a delayed reaction i think. xx