I wrote this last night. Tonight just been out a bit and feeling a little tipsy!
Can’t be bothered to blog tonight but just had to write down that tonight on the way back from work I had the first moment where I actually felt alright, and that I had a lot to thank Mike for….
Coming over the bridge on my little red bicyclette, the sun was setting had the trance playing in my ears (HA, you hate my music, well I love it, thanks), was beautiful. I don’t think would ever have got around to getting my bike if I hadn’t seen just how much Mike loved his and wanting to share something else with him. So for that I say thanks. Since I’m writing it (and I had a very cathartic talk with Jen over a glass of rose before I left – I just can’t say no to a drink nowadays, or anything that means I can waste some of the evening before I go home (M on the other hand is leaving pretty much on time). I thought I’d try and thank him for a bit more too so here we go:
For falling in love
For teaching me that someone could also love me
For being so straightforward and honest (I just wish not quite so honest until we’d got back from Italy)
For being e generally nice guy
For being absolutely stonkingly gorgeous (at least to me) and for making me fancy the pants o f him and him me.
For being a laugh
For my bike
For all the differences of opinion that taught me that there’s someone out there pretty much as strong-minded as myself.
For always having to be right, even in this case where I was so sure he was wrong.
For always being so sure of everything even when I faltered and wondered and questioned.
For being such a goddamn blokey bloke!
For being such an account handler
For being so Macho (although I truly believe probably a bit too macho for me in the end..where’d all that sensitivity go I glimpsed at the beginning?).
For giving me one of the best years of my life so far….and for helping me believe there are many more years like that to come, even if they are not with him.
Above all for giving me hope and belief in myself. And letting me love him as I did, and not get freaked out until the very end.
I’ll write what I don’t want to thank him for when I’m having an angry moment…
Me x
Tuesday, September 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That was such a nice post, and it's so nourishing for you as well. I'm glad you're feeling better : )
Post a Comment