Sunday, September 27, 2009

Last week was totally rubbish and in early tomorrow for a new beating. Whoopeeee.

BUT went to antwerp with the girls this weekend, which was really fun. We lucked out on the hotel and going out arrangements and managed to find the shopping, good eating place, good brunch/hungover bellini place, and good mussel place opposite.

We arrived into antwerp sat afternoon - I = tired as I treated Kat to the supper club the night before for her birthday, which was really fun (and very expensive!). She is in the little love bubble, more of that in my other blog. Music was good, food was also very good, danced a little but Kat wasn't really into the club part which was a shame. But also good because I got back in as it was 2am, and had to be up for antwerp early on saturday morning.

Train etc all good there, checked in, dumped back, room very decent for our 25 euros a night (breakfast included), went straight out wandering around, went to a few shops Urban Outfitters being the most expensive, have never really looked at the fashion in there before, the girls all bought quite a lot of stuff, me and Jen less. Then we had lunch in a this place called Gusto, on the market square, pretty cool place, food was good and reasonable. That's where we went back to this morning. By the time we'd bought belgian chocolates, wandered to the river, then back the long way to our hotel, it was about 7.30, time for a quick disco nap, although the bad thing about our room was we were all in the same room so if one person (namely Mia) was up and awake, so was everyone else. That girl is Looud!!

Cabbed it to this square that was pretty good, leopold square or something, ate in possibly the worse restaurant there, called wok away, nicknamed by us 'walk away very quick in the opposite direction,' then we went to a pretty nice bar on the corner, ended up chatting to these two nobber guys - one tried to pull Jenny and then me, the other just talked a lot about himself and how wonderful he was, moved to the bar to Stefan, who was lovely and gay and photographery, and then Mon did the whole eye and pulling thing, and ended up chatting to this guy called rafael, and his cousin. Sweet both of them, but she then wanted to go to where they did instead of some club we all wanted to go to, and so we went to the next worst sushi place in the whole of antwerp, stereo sushi, small. dark, hot, and plaiung the worst kind of r n b, and not even playing that properly, but like 40 seconds of one thing and then 40 seconds of the next thing, and mon was off witht his guy,a nd by then I was tired and a little bit annoyed that we'd gone to this place (mon also asked to borrow some money off me to buy the guys drinks, which annoyed me a bit, I don't mind her borrowing money off me to buy drinks for the girls, but for them, humph!), I think by this time was just tired. Jen and I sat on the side and watched all the bad bumping and grinding going on, and we were sat next to this sweet polish guy called gregory - mia came over and sat with us, was chatting to him and his fanny pack, and then I just wanted to go home, as was over it. They started playing some really cheesy tines, the girls danced a bit more, I went outside and chattd to this journalist guy, totally making up a story about working for the 'pink press', and finally we got outta there. Bizarre eve. I did have a good time, but I think in the end the girls had more fun than me. Probably my music snob fault, but hey. Also managed to offend mon right at the beginning of the eve//love the girl but for someone so confident, she really has some issues with being perceived as not so friendly. It was by the two nobber guys too.

Mia was very loud on the way back and in the corridor, but we had some fun. Think I was asleep about as soon as my head hit the pillow, was SOOO tired by that point.

Today up, BAD breaky, packed up and out, went to the Gusto place again and got a sofa this time :). lay there and drank koffie then orange juice and cava, then over for a mussel lunch (I ate a very expensive, small, not tasty chicken salad), then we went back to try and get to station a bit early, train was delayed for 45 mins though so it wasn't great.

will have to finish this off tomorrow, falling alseep here (funny belgian guy who sat next to me and tried to chat mia up...baby crying on train, etc)

No comments: