Sunday, September 06, 2009

This weekend have had a great one, despite 'the date' canceling on me. I was fully expecting it, so had other plans already sorted out. And they were lovely plans too.

Friday, around to Mon's place, Mia came around and we sat and drank and had a hilarious one, where I got lambasted for not playing the game right when it comes to dating (and fuck, they're probably right, it's not like I've had all that much practise at getting it right, so I bow to their superior knowledge!!). We sat and had cosmos made by Mia, and basically congratulated ourselves on being super-lovely and super-cool, and for being there, and thinking about how we would not be there if any of us was coupled up before now. It's good to think like that, because it's bloody true, and sometimes when you're miserable/low you forget that it's because you broke up with that guy, decided to get a job in another country, that here you are having a bloody fabulous time.

Yesterday I went with Wynn to Amstelveen to the V&*D, and discovered sephora which is a great make-up brand that's also really reasonably priced - so bought some stuff. Great. She is fun to hang out with, just a little bit crazy (which I like), and just takes the piss out of a lot of things, I'm glad we ended up being friends!!

Then it was the MC bbq in the afternoon/evening, which was a lot better than I was expecting. The music at the end was amazing, I have to copy some of those tunes off Martin, he has one of the best dancey music collections I've seen since Anna's.

Then Jen and I almost went out to Pacific Park, but managed to come home to dump stuff and both lost interest in going out the house again. I was half in the mood, but also didn't want to feel shocking today - either for date or yoga, so we decided to save it until we're both REALLY up for it. It will happen, although am defo going into hybernation mode again...this is a good thing for my writing discipline I think.

Today I got up, late, LAZED, which was fab, ate croissants, which was yummy, spoke to Cat PT on skype, and then hauled my ass over to this yoga workshop. It was kinda pricey, but was a double session on 'backbends' which I didn't think I could do any more, but turns out with the proper warming up, I probably can. It was a super long and strenuous session and made me feel pretty good. This is a good thing, coz the date cancelled a little last minute, although we hadn't arranged to do anything concrete, just a 'maybe'. I'm finding it's best not to expect ANYTHING and then when that happens,it's not disappointing because you have something else on anyway.

Then I came back and cleaned, which was also well-overdue. And got the winter jumpers out, slightly depressing!! The summer has been so cool I don't know if I want the winter to come back in :(

No comments: