Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Got the loveliest email back from the girl (Sharon) I met in Jackson and hiked, had dinner with and that amaaazing chocolate cake and ice-cream desert, isn't it strange how you meet people you need to:

Our hike in Jackson has been one of the highlights of my trip. One thing that I've learned while doing this is that beautiful places do effect me and it means a lot to me to see them but its my interactions with people that really make the life-long impressions. I've been hiking by myself here and there, although it is mostly on trails where I know I'll be passing quite a few people. But, I have to say, we had quite an amazing day together - with the hike and the movie and the dinner. It was so special to me.

Again, I'm so glad that you got in touch and let me know what is going on with you. I wouldn't sweat that bachelor-guy too much. The truth is, jumping from one person to another and not settling down with someone can be a really lonely existence. ANd there is probably something he is able to hide about himself if he doesn't get too close to anyone. Believe me, you are so much fun to be with. And you have such a sense of adventure and such a love of being with other people, yet an ability to be on your own. All of these are features that some guy is going to be really lucky to have in a girlfriend when he dates you. Until you find him, live life to its fullest, right?

How nice is that - sometimes a single gal needs to hear these things. And surprisingly I feel ok about being single at the moment - meditation and all my little life projects are helping somewhat I think.

Leave you with those thoughts.

No comments: