Monday, November 08, 2010

First off, this weekend - fab weekend. Friday night went to this westerkerk party, very interesting, good DJs, quite good party.
Saturday did yoga with girls, had lunch with dan and harri and then went to the flea market to buy teapot and cups and saucers (very satisfying!!)
Saturday night, museum n8 - interesting to go to (had a bit of a date situation too, but was with lots of other people so not a proper date), but don't think would do it again.
Sunday - slow recovery, went to Kit Kat's for brunch, then hung out at home, skyped and wrote a little bit.
I really enjoyed this weekend.

Those people who know me will tell you I've been a bit wallowy recently...I just have not been able to help it.
My job has been slow and boring, and I don't seem able to make the move to do anything new.
My social life has been busy (but a little tiring) and I'm a bit bored of going out, but going out anyway because have nothing better to do, and need to get out there to not wallow by myself in my flat.
The parties have been fun though, and strangely been getting a lot of attention at those parties, I think because I don't really give a hoot at the moment. This is a weird phenomenon for me. I guess it makes me more chatty and more able to banter and maybe act more confident or something.
Anyway, the wallowing has got to stop. I've just got to do something about my life! I know it's because it's been 2.5 years or so since I made the last lot of changes, and I guess the next lot are on their way. I can feel it there in my bones. It's kinda exciting in some way.

I chatted to my friend Paula on MSN today (which reminds me, got to buy myself a ticket for next year 4 Dublin), and she's not really working (there isn't any work, particularly in her architectural field), all her friends are in couples, she's been on a few dates and they were horrendous - no sparks flying or even interesting people/conversations. I think Dublin is a much more 'settle down early' place than Amsterdam - here I know plenty of people who are 40+ and still love going out, who enjoy the expat lifestyle. I have loads of cool single friends, I have too much fun (to the point where I have to not go out any more because I'm too tired), and I have a good bunch of friends in the UK who'll visit me now and again when I need an older set of friends.
In general, life is good (as the ad says). - I felt bad for being a bit miserable when she has so much more to be miserable about. I've been through that thing where all your friends are coupled up and you either go out with them (and get depressed), or don't go out (and get depressed). Great lot of choices!!!
Anyway, it's making me feel better just writing all this - good I s'pose.

No comments: