Thursday, October 02, 2008

I need to have a bit of a moan (at least I know when I'm doing it, right??).
Since I don't have all my usual mates to moan to, I will moan to you...Soreee!
I had two people comment today on what I was wearing, calling me a 'princess', just because I felt like getting dressed up and wearing a skirt, and have this lovely fake pearl choker I wear with this particular shirt I love. They said....'Oooh look at you, fairy princess', like I was some little girl trying to dress up. It was in that sort of tone as well. How are you supposed to reply to a comment like that?
'Thanks, I love it that you're comparing me to a little girl, am I not allowed to look 'pretty' any more, now I'm over 15/25/30"

Then one of them who shall remain nameless, who loves rubbing people up the wrong way - I can see she likes to see people's reactions, like my gran used to, asks me how old I am. When I said 32 (for a split second I considered lying about it, don't know why, it's always the first reaction now!!), and then she said, and look at you, you're still skinny. Aren't you? Like it's this massive thing.
Again what is my reaction supposed to be:
"Gee thanks," (and look like I'm vain)
~"No I'm not, you're much skinnier than me*"
*blatant lie, both she and I know it.

What I actually feel like saying is, look lady, if you ate healthily, went to the gym/running three or four times a week and had the same nervous energy from doing all the dog work on your account, you'd be skinny too.

I know that I'm really blessed to have the sort of figure and metabolism I do. I'm kinda tall and thin, I eat a fair amount for a 'skinny lass', people are usually surprised at the amount I put away. But I do a hell of a lot of exercise - here I cycle to and from work every day (40 mins ish). I run/swim/gym around three times a week as well for an hour or so, and apart from the odd splurge (I'm sitting here eating chocolate right now), I do eat quite healthily.

It's a well known thing that the more you exercise regularly, the faster your metabolism will get, and then the more you can eat - and I've always done a lot of exercise be it swimming, running, dance, whatever - so I think I have more body-muscle-mass than it looks like I have. If someone does all this and says that to me, I am more sympathetic but when you sit around and do nothing, then what do you bleedin expect, hey?

Anyway, that is my moan about today done. I'm in a bit of a foul mood as you can tell. Glad I am inside on here and not out with people, is all I can say.

No comments: